Marriage Licenses

The fee for a marriage license is $83.00 payable by cash, or money order, or credit card. Both parties must appear in person at the Clerk’s Office to sign the marriage license application and take an oath (or affirm) as to the truth of the statements made.

The age of legal consent is 18. If either or both parties are 16 or 17 years old, the consent of at least one of your parents (or guardians) is required (Consent Form(PDF, 9KB)). The custodial parent will need to present identification. Persons under 16 years of age must have parental consent and the approval of an Arizona Superior Court Judge.

A copy of a dissolution of marriage decree is not required. No blood test or waiting period is required. There is no residency requirement. You may be asked to provide identification as proof of age. A marriage license is valid for 12 months from the date of issuance, but you must marry within that 12 months or the license will expire. The license issued by our office can be used anywhere in the State of Arizona. You must make your own arrangements for the marriage ceremony. You will need 2 witnesses to sign the marriage certificate portion. They must be 18 years of age or older. Arizona law regarding marriage (ARS Title 25)

Our Office Locations, Hours, and Phone Numbers

After the Ceremony

Once the marriage ceremony has taken place, the signed marriage license must be returned to the Clerk’s Office in order for it to be officially recorded. Licenses should be brought to the Prescott or Camp Verde office in person or mailed to the Clerk of Superior Court’s Prescott Office by the person solemnizing the rites of matrimony.

Covenant Marriage License

Arizona Law (ARS §25-901-906) requires couples to meet additional requirements before they can obtain a Covenant Marriage License. The parties must have received pre-marital counseling about covenant marriage and have with them a NOTARIZED statement from the clergy person or counselor saying they were counseled and received a copy of the pamphlet about covenant marriage. Download the pamphlet

A Covenant Marriage License costs $83.00. To convert an existing, traditional marriage to a covenant marriage will require the married couple to sign a marriage license affidavit and a “Declaration of Intent to Enter into a Covenant Marriage” form at the Clerk’s Office. The fee to convert is $30.00.

Obtaining a Certified Copy

A certified copy of a marriage certificate costs $30.00. You may obtain it with same day service by coming to the Prescott or Camp Verde offices. To request a copy by mail, please send a money order or cashier’s check for $30.00 and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. (Add $7.00 for postage and handling if you do not include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request.) Send your request to the Clerk of Superior Court’s Prescott Office, Attn: Records.

Please include the name of the parties. If you need the Clerk’s Office to perform the search to find the marriage license, there will be an additional fee of $30.00 as set forth in ARS §12-284(E).