Seeking a Continuance

Prior to filing a motion to continue a hearing or trial, the party seeking the continuance shall:

  1. Contact the Judicial Assistant by phone (928)567-7722 or by email ( and obtain dates and times the Court is available to reset the hearing;
  2. After receiving dates and times from the Court, the moving party shall contact all other parties and attempt to arrange setting the hearing on one of the dates provided by the Court;
  3. Once there is an acceptable date for the parties and the Court, the Motion to Continue can be filed. The Motion must include a form of order containing the agreed upon date.
  4. If a party objects to a continuance, following this procedure for obtaining a new date does not operate as a waiver of the objection.
Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2023 by Yavapai County Government
Back To Top