Seeking a Continuance
Prior to filing a motion to continue a hearing or trial, the party seeking the continuance shall:
- Contact the Judicial Assistant by phone (928)567-7722 or by email (PTAinfo@courts.az.gov) and obtain dates and times the Court is available to reset the hearing;
- After receiving dates and times from the Court, the moving party shall contact all other parties and attempt to arrange setting the hearing on one of the dates provided by the Court;
- Once there is an acceptable date for the parties and the Court, the Motion to Continue can be filed. The Motion must include a form of order containing the agreed upon date.
- If a party objects to a continuance, following this procedure for obtaining a new date does not operate as a waiver of the objection.
Counsel and parties may not appear by telephone for hearings unless granted permission to do so by the Court, either thorough the Court permitting a telephonic appearance when the Court sets the hearing OR through a Motion to Appear Telephonically being filed by a party and permission granted by the Court.
- A party appearing telephonically must initiate the call five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled hearing by calling (928)567-7722.
- Failure to initiate the call, or failing to appear at the hearing, may result in the Court denying permission to appear by phone at future hearings.